Expression lines in the upper face are inevitable, and become more prominent as we age. However, you don’t have to live with deep forehead lines or crow’s feet. We offer Dysport and BOTOX® Cosmetic to help smooth your wrinkles and leave you looking refreshed.
Call Restore Plastic Surgery today at 850-500-7527 or contact us online to schedule your appointment today. These injectable treatments only take around 10 minutes to perform, so you can even come in on your lunch break if you’d like. We welcome patients from across Florida, nearby Mobile, Alabama, and across the U.S.
Who is a candidate for BOTOX® and Dysport?
Most people who want to correct facial wrinkles caused by facial expressions are great candidates for BOTOX® and Dysport. You are also a good candidate if you:
- Are experiencing one of the cosmetic concerns that these injectables are capable of treating
- Are at least 18 years old
- Are in good overall health
- Have no history of neuromuscular disease
- Are not pregnant or nursing
- Have no skin disorders or infections on or near the treatment site
Dr. Brown will make sure you are a great candidate for these injectables as part of your consultation and treatment planning
Benefits of Dysport and BOTOX® Cosmetic
Each of these injectable treatments works in the same way, by preventing your muscles from contracting too far and causing wrinkles. Your everyday, repetitive expressions are what cause these lines, and by preventing their creation, your skin will smooth out.
Benefits of Dysport and BOTOX® Cosmetic include:
- Reduce or eliminate expression lines
- Quick, painless procedure
- No downtime – you can resume all normal activities immediately following treatment
- Natural-looking results
You can still make normal expressions after having one of these injectable treatments, you just won’t be able to create highly exaggerated ones. Some people think that having a treatment like this will cause your face to be frozen, but this is not the case.
What Can Dysport and BOTOX® Cosmetic Treat?
Injectable wrinkle smoothing treatments are best known for treating the following areas:
- Forehead lines
- Lines between the brows (“11s” or “frown lines”)
- Wrinkles at the corners of the eyes (“crow’s feet”)
While these are the most common uses, there are other uses as well, such as:
- Slimming the jaw
- Reducing the appearance of a “gummy” smile
- Relaxing vertical neck bands
- Slightly raising the eyebrows for a mini, non-surgical brow lift
Are there any negative side effects of Injectables?
Potential side effects include:
- Tenderness at the injection site
The rate of serious side effects is low. You may have heard about a temporarily droopy eyelid after this type of treatment, but that is very rare and fades for almost everyone who experiences it.
Can you receive Botox® and Dysport at the same time?
While you could theoretically receive BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport at the same time, there may not be any reason to. Talk to Dr. Brown if you are curious about this option. Dr. Brown wants you to get the best possible results
How long does the procedure take?
The injections themselves take just moments to administer. The time varies based on how many areas you are treating, and if you are combining it with any other treatments at the same time. The total time at our office is usually about a half hour to an hour. We will let you know a more specific appointment duration at your consultation so you can plan your day accordingly.
How should I prepare for my BOTOX® & Dysport Injections?
Our staff provides a complete list of pre-treatment guidelines. There aren’t that many for these injectables.
Certain medications increase the likelihood and severity of bruising, so we will discuss with you whether you are taking any of these medications, and whether you can safely and temporarily discontinue use before the injections. Blood thinners are one such medication, but you must check with your doctor to find out if it’s safe to stop taking it temporarily.
Aspirin and NSAIDS like ibuprofen may also increase bruising. But if you use them regularly, consult your doctor first.
Here are a few other tips to improve healing:
- Do not consume alcohol for 24 hours before and 24 hours after your appointment
- For a few days prior, avoid applying products that could irritate your skin (including retin-a, benzoyl peroxide, and glycolic acid)
- Decide whether you want to take the rest of the day off to relax and clear your schedule accordingly (note that you can get right back to your day, but there will likely be some redness, swelling, and bruising.)
How Long Do Dysport and BOTOX® Cosmetic Last?
Dysport and BOTOX® Cosmetic are not permanent solutions. They can last anywhere from 3 to 6 months, depending on the person. If you know that you will be getting treatment regularly, we offer a skin care membership program that gives you discounts on injectable treatments as well as other skin care services and products we offer.
You should not expect results to appear immediately following treatment. Most patients begin to see results within a few days to a week, depending on which brand of treatment they received and their own unique anatomical characteristics.
Are there things I can't do after my Injections?
The only items to avoid are:
- Strenuous exercise
- Massaging, rubbing, or scratching the injection site
- Laying down or putting your head down to rest
- Going out in the full sun without any sunblock
Our staff will inform you if there are other things you should avoid specific to your health history, lifestyle, activity level, etc
Is there recovery involved with Botox and Dysport?
The recovery is minimal, it includes:
- Avoiding strenuous exercise for at least 24 hours to prevent bruising. Returning to work and light activity is fine.
- Remaining upright for at least 4 hours following treatment. Don’t lie down or put your head down because the injectable may not settle correctly.
- Not rubbing or massaging the treatment area for a few days afterward.
- Optional icing of the area for 15 minutes at a time, but don’t press the ice firmly or forcefully against the skin.
- Avoid the sun and UV exposure while the treatment area remains red and swollen.
We will of course provide a complete list of aftercare instructions so you know exactly what to do in the hours and days following the injections. The great thing about BOTOX® and Dysport is that the recovery is so minimal. You get great results without much in the way of downtime.
Dysport and BOTOX® Cosmetic can achieve great results on their own, but if you’d like even more dramatic results, they can be combined with other types of treatments. Popular treatments to combine with Dysport or BOTOX® Cosmetic include:
- Laser skin treatments
- Dermal fillers
- Non-invasive skin tightening
If you’ve had a surgical facelift, you may also want to undergo a non-invasive wrinkle treatment as a supplement to further enhance your results.
Schedule Your Dysport or BOTOX® Cosmetic Consultation Today
Please call Restore Plastic Surgery today at 850-500-7527 or contact us online to schedule your consultation. Our office in Pensacola, Florida serves patients from across the state, Mobile Alabama, and throughout the country.