Board-Certified Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons Serving Pensacola, FL & Mobile, AL
Breast augmentation is a very popular plastic surgery procedure with a high satisfaction rate. It can be done through breast implants or fat transfer, and is very effective in improving the size and shape of the breasts. We customize each breast augmentation to best match our patients’ individual goals and anatomy – there are no “cookie-cutter” procedures here.
If you are interested in breast augmentation in Pensacola, please contact Restore Plastic Surgery today at 850-500-7527 to schedule your consultation. Our Pensacola office welcomes patients from throughout Florida, nearby Mobile, Alabama, and across the nation.
- Benefits of Breast Augmentation
- Types of Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift vs. Breast Augmentation
- Candidates for Breast Augmentation
- Breast Implant Types & Placement Options
- Composite Breast Augmentation
- Breast Implant Removal and Exchange
- Simultaneous Implant Exchange with Fat (SIEF)
- Revision Breast Surgery
- Recovery After Breast Augmentation
- Cost of Breast Augmentation
- Schedule Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
Benefits of Breast Augmentation
There are many benefits to having a breast augmentation procedure done, including:
- Look better in swimsuits and lingerie
- Feel more feminine
- Even out asymmetrical breasts
- Feel more confident in your appearance
- Improve the shape of your breasts
Breast augmentation has one of the highest patient satisfaction rates. If you feel that your breasts are too small, too uneven, or not round enough, breast augmentation may be able to help you achieve breasts that you feel confident and comfortable with.
Our advanced techniques mean that your breasts will still look very natural after augmentation. Sometimes women are worried about breasts that look too round or artificial, but rest assured that we will discuss thoroughly your end goals and do our best to help you achieve them.
Types of Breast Augmentation
In addition to breast augmentation with implants, we also perform breast augmentation with fat transfer and composite breast augmentation, which utilizes both implants and fat transfer for the most natural results.
- Breast implants are the most common type of breast augmentation, and involve placing an implant inside a pocket in the breast in order to increase the size.
- Fat transfer involves harvesting fat from another area of the body, often the abdomen or thighs, and re-injecting that fat into the breasts to increase volume. This procedure is perfect for patients who are interested in undergoing liposuction and who want a more subtle increase in breast volume.
- Composite breast augmentation is when both implants and fat transfer are used. This method is good for patients who don’t have a lot of natural breast tissue, as the fat transfer provides a cushion so that the skin isn’t stretched too closely over the implant. It’s also good for women who want increased cleavage and fullness.
We will discuss all options and help you decide which is best for you during your consultation. We take great pride in our personalized approach, and will make sure you get the best possible results that match your goals and individual anatomy.
Breast Lift vs. Breast Augmentation
A breast lift is not the same as a breast augmentation procedure. A breast lift on its own does not enlarge the breasts; instead, it lifts sagging breasts into a more youthful, perky position. Excess skin and fat are removed and the nipple is repositioned to face forward rather than down.
A breast lift can be combined with breast augmentation if you want to both lift the breasts and increase their size. Small implants can also be used to help create a better shape while providing minimal enlargement.
Keep in mind that breast lifts involve more scarring than breast augmentation on its own. While breast augmentation scars can be easily hidden, breast lift scars are more visible. Many women find the scarring worth it for the results, but it is something to take into consideration.
Candidates for Breast Augmentation
You may be a good candidate for breast augmentation if:
- You are dissatisfied with the size or shape of your breasts
- You understand the risks and have realistic expectations
- You want to undergo breast augmentation for yourself, not for anyone else in your life
- You are in good general health
- You do not smoke
If you are a smoker, you will not be able to undergo cosmetic surgery unless you can quit for at least a month. Smoking greatly increases the risk of complications during and after surgery.
We offer Crisalix 3D imaging to help you determine the right implant size and shape for you. This tool will allow you to visualize how you’ll look with differently sized implants. In addition to 3D imaging, we’ll also do physical implant sizing in a bra.
You can feel free to return to our clinic anytime, free of charge, to try on implants as often as you’d like. We want you to feel as comfortable as possible with your decision.
Breast Implant Types and Placement Options
There are two types of breast implants, saline and silicone. Both have their own advantages, but it’s important to remember that the skill of your surgeon is ultimately more important than the type of implant you choose when it comes to beautiful results. That being said, here’s what you should know about each type of implant.
Saline breast implants:
- Are FDA approved for women over 18 years old
- Can be bigger than silicone implants because they are inflated after insertion
- Are smooth and round
- Are firmer to the touch than silicone
Silicone breast implants:
- Are FDA approved for women over 21 years old
- Have size limitations because they are inserted fully formed
- Can be round or teardrop shaped
- Can be smooth or textured
- Have a softer, more natural feel
In addition to the type of implant, you also have a choice of where to place the implant. The most common placement is under the muscle, because it tends to look more natural and has less risk of complications such as rippling. However, if you want a very large size or more cleavage, over the muscle may be better.
Composite Breast Augmentation
Composite breast augmentation combines the two primary techniques for enhanced results. Our plastic surgeons will place a breast implant to achieve the general size and shape you desire. A fat transfer procedure is then performed to fine tune your outcome, delivering beautiful, natural looking results that reflect your desired breast appearance. This approach is particularly effective for petite women who have minimal natural breast tissue to cover the implant.
Combining breast implants with fat transfer offers a variety of benefits, including:
- Increased breast size
- Improved breast shape
- More attractive cleavage
- More natural breast appearance
- Improved breast symmetry
In addition, you will experience body contouring benefits in the area where the fat has been harvested. This can help you achieve an even more balanced, attractive overall figure.
Composite breast augmentation may be a good option for you if you:
- Would like a highly customized procedure
- Lack sufficient breast tissue to completely cover a breast implant
- Experience breast asymmetry
- Have narrow breasts
- Would like to achieve maximum upper breast fullness and dramatic cleavage
- Desire very natural looking and feeling results
Your composite breast augmentation procedure is performed on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia. Our plastic surgeons will place the implant in your breast pocket. Liposuction is then performed to harvest fat from another area of your body (typically the abdomen, flanks, back, thighs, arms or buttocks). This fat is processed and purified before being strategically injected into the breast tissue to provide additional improvements to the appearance of your breasts.
Breast Implant Removal and Exchange
Although breast implants are long lasting, you may eventually need to have them removed or exchanged. There are a number of reasons women may need a breast implant exchange or removal, including:
- Wanting to upgrade breast implants to a different type
- Replacing a deflated implant
- Wanting to change size, either smaller or larger
- Capsular contracture, rippling, or other issues
We can exchange your breast implants or simply remove them. Breast implant exchange and removal are both fairly simple procedures that often don’t require more than a long weekend off work.
Simultaneous Implant Exchange with Fat (SIEF)
If you want to remove your breast implants but are concerned about sagging or deflation, we can perform a cutting-edge procedure called simultaneous implant exchange with fat (SIEF). This procedure adds volume back into the breasts after implant removal through the use of fat transfer.
SIEF is a good option for women who are tired of their implants but still want to maintain some volume. During the procedure, fat is harvested from other parts of the body using liposuction. The fat is then processed and injected into the breasts in order to restore fullness and volume after implant removal.
Benefits of SIEF include:
- Overall better body proportions through liposuction and fat transfer
- Avoid breast deflation associated with implant removal
- Achieve smaller but still nicely shaped and natural looking breasts
SIEF can help restore volume, but if you have significant sagging, you may need a breast lift as well in order to achieve the best results.
Breast Augmentation Before & After Photos
To view our gallery of breast augmentation before and after photos, click here! This will give you an idea of the amazing results you will be able to achieve.
Revision Breast Surgery
If you experienced complications after initial breast surgery, you may need revision breast surgery to correct them. Complications that may require revision breast surgery include:
- Capsular contracture
- Double bubble
- Implant rupture
Revision breast surgery is typically more complex than initial breast augmentation surgery. Dr. Ben Brown is experienced in revision breast surgery and will approach your case with the utmost care and precision.
In some cases, particularly involving revision after breast reconstruction, your revision surgery may be covered by insurance. We will be happy to check with your insurance company to see if you are covered under your plan.
Recovery After Breast Augmentation
After your breast augmentation, you should have someone to drive you home and help you out with the kids. You’ll be able to take care of yourself, but you’ll be sore and on pain medications, so you shouldn’t try to take care of children on your own. You also shouldn’t drive a car while on prescription pain medication.
You’ll be able to remove your surgical bra and take a shower after the first 48 hours. Avoid strenuous exercises for the first few weeks, but walking and and stretching are encouraged. After one week, you can resume light exercise (making sure your breasts are well supported and you’re not doing anything that strains the chest).
Most patients are able to return to a desk job within the first week. If your job requires strenuous activity, you may need to wait longer before going back to work.
Cost of Breast Augmentation
The cost of your breast augmentation procedure will vary depending on the type of implant, the incision site, and other factors. The surgical prices incorporate anesthesia fees, facility expenses, our board-certified plastic surgeons’ operational costs, among others. You will get a comprehensive quote during your initial consultation, where you discuss your goals for your breasts. Dr. Ben Brown will evaluate your anatomy and help you determine the best way to reach your ideal breast size and contour. These are the costs for some variations of breast augmentation, and you can view more of your options on our price estimator for asleep procedures:
- Breast augmentation with silicone implants: $5,500
- Breast augmentation with saline implants: $5,000
- Breast augmentation with silicone implants (trans-axillary endoscopic): $7,000
- Breast augmentation with saline implants (trans-axillary endoscopic): $6,500
- Fat transfer breast augmentation (which includes one-site liposuction): $5,750
- Breast implant exchange for silicone implant: $5,500
- Breast implant exchange for saline implant: $5,000
- Breast implant removal without replacement (explant): $4,250
Breast implant removal without a replacement can be performed while you’re awake, which affects the price and is estimated at $3,000 on our cost estimator for awake procedures.
We offer breast augmentation financing plans through CareCredit or Alphaeon. If you are interested in financing your procedure, please let us know and we’ll walk you through your options and help you get started.