Butt augmentation procedures have been growing quickly in popularity for the past decade or so. Having a nicely shaped backside tends to be considered attractive in America, and many women want to enhance their butt to fill out their jeans or shorts better. A Brazilian butt lift is a great procedure to shape both the butt and the lower body.
If you’re interested in a shapelier backside, don’t hesitate to contact Dr. Ben Brown and Dr. Ashley Chandler of Restore Plastic Surgery by calling 850-500-7527 to schedule your consultation today. Our office in Pensacola welcomes patients from across Florida, nearby Mobile, Alabama, and throughout the nation.
What Is a Brazilian Butt Lift?
A Brazilian butt lift (BBL) is a popular procedure to shape and augment the buttocks. During the procedure, liposuction is performed on areas that have excess fat such as the stomach, thighs, or back. This fat is then harvested and injected back into the buttocks to obtain a larger, rounder size and shape.
Fat transfer to the butt results in a more natural look than using an implant, and the only scars are the tiny, less than 1 cm long ones from the liposuction. This is part of the reason why BBL is more popular than buttock implants.
Brazilian Butt Lift Candidates
You may be a good candidate for a BBL procedure if:
- You have a flat, small, or deflated butt that you feel self-conscious about
- Your jeans and shorts don’t fit well because your butt can’t fill them out
- You are in good health and don’t smoke
- You have realistic expectations for the procedure
- You are able and willing to avoid sitting and sleeping on your back for at least 1 week
- You have enough fat in other areas to be harvested and injected
A Brazilian butt lift will be tailored to your anatomy in order to achieve the best results. Patients should not expect results to look just like their favorite celebrity, because each person has a unique body and the buttock size and shape that will look best on you may not be what will look best on someone else.
Recovery After a Brazilian Butt Lift
Recovery after BBL can be a little bit tricky, because you will have to avoid sitting down for a full week. You will also not be able to sleep on your back. This is because placing pressure on the buttocks after the procedure could cause contour irregularities or deflation.
A general timeline of recovery after BBL surgery looks something like this:
- Stand or lie on your stomach for 1 week. The only time you can sit is on the toilet.
- Walk slowly for the first 2 weeks. After this, you can resume brisk walks or jogging
- Return to work after 1 or 2 weeks, depending on your job. If you have a standing desk, you can return to the office, but if you have to sit, you’ll need to take at least 1 week off
- You can sit down again after the first week, as long as you have a cushion of some sort to place under your thighs so that your buttocks are suspended in the air
- After 4 weeks, you can lie on your back and sit normally again. You can also resume regular exercise
Your surgeon will go over recovery instructions with you in detail, and you should make sure to follow them closely to ensure the best results.
Schedule Your Brazilian Butt Lift Consultation
Call Restore Plastic Surgery today at 850-500-7527 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Brown or Dr. Chandler. We serve patients in Pensacola, Florida and Mobile, Alabama. We also accept patients from out of town.