You can lift and change the shape of your breasts with a breast lift. As you age, your breasts may start to sag. Sometimes, they will sag after pregnancy or significant weight changes. You can restore your youthful appearance by lifting your breasts. During the procedure, your surgeon removes any excess skin and shapes the breast tissue. A breast lift on its own does not change the size of your breasts. However, you can have a breast augmentation or reduction and a breast lift at the same time.
When to Consider a Breast Lift
You might consider a breast lift if:
- Your breasts lost volume and shape or if they are flatter and longer.
- Your breasts aren’t supported, and your nipples fall below your breast creases.
- Your areolae are stretched out of proportion compared to your breasts.
- Your areolae and nipples point downward.
- You have a significant difference in size between the two breasts.
If you plan to become pregnant in the future, you should not consider a breast lift. If they stretch during pregnancy, you may need another breast lift. Additionally, if you plan on breastfeeding, it may be harder to produce milk after a breast lift.
Preparing for a Breast Lift
Your first step in preparing for a breast lift is to have a consultation with your doctor, who will review your medical history, conduct a physical exam, and discuss your expectations. Once you decide to go ahead with the procedure, your doctor might require you to take several additional steps, including:
- Quitting smoking, as smoking decreases blood flow and can hamper healing.
- Scheduling a mammogram to set a baseline. You will most likely need a mammogram a few months after the breast lift.
- Arrange for help during your recovery, including having someone to drive you home and help you with daily activities.
- Avoid taking certain medications, especially those that thin your blood and increase bleeding.
- Ensure your weight is healthy.
Where to Find Breast Lifts in Gulf Breeze, FL
Restore Plastic Surgery serves Gulf Breeze and the surrounding areas in Florida. To find out more about breast lifts, speak with a doctor at Restore Plastic Surgery. To arrange a consultation, please call 850-500-7527.